Inspired by my love of pizza and adapted to be suitable for breakfast or lunch.
The recipe is so simple and fairly quick to make. Served on a soft fluffy English muffin, please remember to check the product for hidden FODMAP ingredients.
If you can’t find a suitable English muffin product use a low FODMAP gluten-free roll. The main FODMAP ingredients to watch out for are: concentrated fruit juice, apple fibre, artificial sugars ending in -ol.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 150 kcal
- 2 gluten free English muffins/rolls
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 splash dairy free milk
- 20 g grated dairy free cheese or your favourite low FODMAP cheese
- 2 rashers bacon omit for vegetarian option
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Whisk eggs and milk, season.
- In a frying pan make scrambled egg by pushing the egg mix to and fro’ on a medium heat with a fish slice until cooked, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile grill bacon rashers on a medium heat (approx 4 minutes or until cooked). Remove from heat and chop into small shreds.
- Cut the muffins/rolls in half and spread a tablespoon of tomato puree on top, top each half with 1/4 of the scrambled egg and bacon shreds.
- Sprinkle each half with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Grill under low heat for 10 minutes.