Following the low FODMAP diet was tough, as I had to really reduce my sweet potato intake, but it meant I had to think outside of the norm for my weekly meals and I came up with some of my best recipes yet.
Had I not been allowed to have sweet potato fries I would have never discovered the wonderful world of carrot fries!
They taste just like sweet potato fries but have half the calories and carbohydrates so you can have a lot more yippee!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2-3 carrots (depending on size) – skin on – 60g per portion
- 10g of cornflour
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Garlic frylight spray
- Handful of fresh parsley – finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan assisted/200°C.
- Slice the carrots into chips.
- Place the carrot chips onto a large baking tray and spritz with frylight.
- Dust with sieved cornflour, paprika and half of the fresh parsley.
- Shake the chips to get an even flour coating.
- Spritz with another layer of frylight.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft in the center. Every 15 minutes shake the tray around to ensure you get maximum crispiness!
- Once cooked serve and garnish with the remaining parsley.