Who doesn’t enjoy a little indulgence for breakfast and what is better than having a healthy nutritional chocolate breakfast?
Yes, you read right chocolate and healthy in the same sentence!
You must think I’m crazy, but this FODMAP friendly chocolate and raspberry granola is heavenly and the best part you can enjoy it as part of a healthy lifestyle.
This recipe is best prepared on the weekend so you have a quick, grab and go healthy breakfast for the week!
CHOCOLATE & RASPBERRY GRANOLA
Course Breakfast Cuisine Dairy free, Gluten free, Low FODMAP, Vegan Servings 24 Calories 209 kcal
- 170 g gluten free oats
- 75 g pecans
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 1 punnet raspberries frozen or freeze on purchase
- 3 tbsp maple or golden syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil/sunflower oil measured as a liquid
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 35 g cocoa powder (dairy, sugar and gluten free brand)
- 40 g dark chocolate chips (dairy, sugar and gluten free brand)
- Freeze punnet of raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan assisted.
- In a large bowl mix oats, nuts, seeds, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the syrup, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid into the oats and mix well.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer onto a prepared baking tray (greaseproof paper or tin foil lined with a spritz of sunflower or coconut oil).
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes then leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once the granola is cool, stir in the chocolate chips. Then store in an airtight jar.
- When you serve the granola add 15g of the frozen raspberries.
- You can store the mix for 1 week.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I would love to see your pictures and comments if you try making this recipe. Thanks for reading.