This recipe came about one Christmas, however it doesn’t need to be Christmas to enjoy this salad.
Inspiration for this salad came from our decorative Christmas tree, the dark green kale representing the fir tree and all of the brightly coloured salad toppings represent the lights and baubles.
The beauty about this salad is that it is so versatile so you can easily swap in other fruit or vegetables so it is to your taste, using your favourite ingredients.
The tangy maple and mustard dressing really makes this salad sing and makes it that extra special during the festive season!
Serves two people on it’s own or four if having as a side salad accompanying a main meal.
JEWELLED SALAD (CHRISTMAS)
Prep Time 9 minutes Cook Time 6 minutes Total Time 15 minutes Calories 268 kcal
- 150g curly kale sliced in ribbons
- 38g pomegranate seeds
- 75g red & green grapes halved
- 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- cold water
- Cook the curly kale in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the dressing in a small bowl mix the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and wholegrain mustard. Add a little bit of water to the dressing at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Drain the curly kale thoroughly.
- Into a serving bowl place the curly kale, pomegranate seeds, grapes and orange pieces. Drizzle with the dressing.