I am always trialling new recipes and on the first attempt, this was a hit with both James and I. Gluten free Gnocci makes a nice change for the main meal, it has a soft texture almost resembling pasta and mash but has a crisp exterior.
I used a salsa sauce to give this Italian dish a Mexican twist.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 427 kcal
- 2 carrots diced
- 200g brocolli broken into florets
- 100g fine green beans halved
- 100g salsa (low FODMAP)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes drained of the juice
- 1 pack (8-10 sausages) Chicken Sausages I used HECK, which does contain mozarella so is suitable on low FODMAP but not for milk allergy sufferers.
- 1 tbsp Fajita or Cajun Spice
- 1 pack (500g) gluten free gnocci I source mine from Tesco
- Garlic frylight
- Heat the grill to medium and grill the chicken sausages as per instructions for around 14 minutes, turning regularly to brown all the sides.
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan, spritz the garlic frylight and fry the spices, carrots, brocolli and beans for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salsa and gently simmer for a further 4 minutes.
- Dice the now cooked sausage and add to the frying pan, allow to simmer gently whilst the gnocci cooks.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan boil the gnocci, the gnocci is ready when it floats. Once cooked drain the water and add the gnocci to the frying pan.
- Stir the gnocci through the sauce and serve.