My boyfriend absolutely loves Singapore noodles whenever we order a Chinese takeaway you can guarantee he will choose it!
The only problem was that I could never eat it and when I did try it once I really suffered the next day with crippling stomach pain and bloating.
Of course, this was most certainly due to the onions and garlic of which are two of my biggest FODMAP triggers but at the time I didn’t realise that and put it down to cross-contamination of gluten, it may have even been a combination of both.
Cuisine Dairy free,
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 11 minutes
Calories 564 kcal
- 400 g cooked chicken/turkey
- 6 nests of GF rice noodles / 3 packets of straight to wok noodles
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 120 g mixed peppers thin strips
- 1 carrots sliced
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 2 spring onions green part only, diced
- 200 g cooked prawns optional
- 40g brocolli broken into florets
- Boil the noodles following the packet instructions unless using straight to wok rice noodles then skip this step.
- In a wok heat the oil and fry the chilli flakes, ginger, cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, asafoetida powder, tomato puree and soy sauce for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the pepper, brocolli, carrots, chicken/turkey and 1/2 spring onion, cook for 5-6 minutes. With 2 minutes to go add the straight to wok noodles if using and cooked prawns if using. Serve and garnish with the remaining spring onion.