Omelettes are great they make a satisfying light, quick and cheap meal any time of the day.
You can make them however you want, I am always trying new combinations! Today I will share with you my spring vegetable omelette I had yesterday for lunch.
If you are vegetarian omit the bacon for a veggie omelette.
Course Breakfast / Lunch
Cuisine Dairy free,
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 340 kcal
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 spring onion green part only if FODMAP
- 30 g spinach roughly a handful
- 30 g red pepper
- 1 handful bacon pieces/leftover cooked chicken/turkey omit if vegetarian
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- In a jug mix whisk the eggs and milk together and season.
- Pour the egg mix into the frying pan and sprinkle on the other ingredients.
- Once the egg begins to set around the edge roughly 4-5 minutes remove from the hob and grill on high for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on the omelette and check every 1 minutes as time varies.
- The omelette is ready when it is slightly browned, the bacon is cooked and the egg has completely set.
- Carefully remove the omelette and serve.
Thank you for reading this post, please post any comments below.