This was inspired by my love of battered fish but I wanted to create a lighter, healthier version that I could make quickly at home.
This cod is deliciously moist and the coating gives it an almost battered texture. It pairs really well with sweet potato fries or for a low carb option my carrot fries.
Course Dinner Cuisine Egg free, Gluten free, Low FODMAP, Nut free, Soy free, Yeast Free Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 15 minutes Calories 180 kcal
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder swap for Asafoetida powder if FODMAP
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules omit if FODMAP. You can substitute this for garlic frylight spray using a few sprays at the melting butter stage, do not add the frylight spray at the flour stage.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 50 g gluten free plain flour
- Half a lemon
- Preheat a griddle pan on high
- Mix the flour, paprika, turmeric, garlic and onion in a dish.
- Coat each fillet of cod in the flour mix.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the butter and garlic frylight in the griddle pan. Add the cod fillets and cook for roughly 4 minutes each side or until the fish is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with fresh parsley and a squirt of lemon juice.